I've never grown from anything that’s easy.
We all go through hard times, we all go through situations in life that we question and can’t understand ‘why’. Its part of life.
People used to say to me that we have bad times so that we can appreciate the good. I used to laugh.
Until I started to believe it myself.
My hardest times were always the times that propelled me into growing, to self awareness, to understanding who I was.
And looking back I wouldn’t change a thing.
The hard times test your strength of character.
The hard times show you who you are.
The hard times give you an amazing opportunity to manage your mind.
The hard times push you hard for a reason – they want you to grow, they want you to become a better you and the only way to do that, is to have those hard times.
Clever isn’t it…..
If you are having a hard time, here are a few tips:
1. Ask yourself what this current situation is teaching you. It will absoloutely be teaching you something. And for good reason.
2. Ask yourself if you had a friend in the situation you were in right now, what would you say to them to help them through? I bet it's nothing like what you are telling yourself…..
3. Remind yourself that this too shall pass. Nothing is so great that it lasts forever and nothing is so awful that it lasts for ever. So you see, you will come through.
4. Remind yourself that you will always be ok. Because you are ok, right here, right now you are OK.
5. Whatever situation you are in it's only a thought that is creating what you are feeling. When you consistently choose negative thoughts, and yes I will remind you it’s a choice, then you will continue to feel feelings that will be exactly the opposite to the ones you want. Whatever the situation, its never bad or good it just is……your thoughts create pain not the situation. If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
6. Remember that you are not the only one in the whole wide world experiencing this. In fact, you are never alone.
7. Sometimes, not getting what you want, can be a blessing……
8. The end always means there is a new beginning. A great beginning always and only ever occurs at the point you thought would be the end of everything. How exciting is that!
Happy Friday people.